Monday 27 February 2012

DROUGHT UK

There is a drought in the UK with the lowest rainfall since 1972. 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17130206 I don't ever remember people being asked to limit the time they spend in the shower during the winter time.


So what was going on in 1972?


The Tory, Edward Heath was the Prime Minister and unemployment topped a million. In this historical link it mentions the 'boom and bust economics'. Here we are 40 years later and nothing has really changed as far as governments are concerned. The plans of Edward Heath didn't work, and there are signs that many of the plans of Cameron's government are being derailed for the same reason. [2]


In 1972, I was 18 years old, I had just left the family home for the first time due to being legally old enough to do so. I was flat-sharing, and sharing a bedroom in Hampstead, because that was all I could afford at the time. I was working, six full days a week and 2 evenings, in three different jobs. Even with doing three different jobs, one in the office and two in retail, it was not enough for a place of my own. 
After that I had a bedsit, although that didn't last long either. That was the year of the drought, when I didn't have anywhere decent to live.


Biblically, droughts come when the people do not align their will with the will of the LORD that is delivered by his prophets. They were mentioned by Moses, Jeremiah and Elijah.


Haggai 1 mentions the drought and its a call to build the house of the LORD. In 2011, Israel was also experiencing a long drought. He did not ask for a synagogue, church or mosque. He asked for a house and it is repeated again by Prophet Isaiah.


"This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be? Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the LORD." Isaiah 66:1-2 


I can smell hot cooked food as well while I am writing this. 


He is asking for a house, a home with food and a cook in it, for his Messenger of the Covenant. 


ELIAKIM 


1. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Haggai%201&version=NIV
2. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/20/newsid_2506000/2506897.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment