Friday 3 September 2010

Rosh Hashanah 2010

Yesterday I received an email advising me that the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah begins on the 8th of September. The day before the Covenant for the Children was delivered to Israel in 2007.

For the Jewish people it is a time when one year ends and a new one begins.

My late afternoon was spent with blessed Egyptians, one of whom I have known for 25 years, long before this reality came to be. He and his current wife are now living in Dubai. The children from both marriages live here in this town, where I live. They are my children too, they were born here! I was blessed to meet one of the children this night. The young ones are hungry dear ones to know, they long to understand the different divine realities and different heavens.

When I returned, I considered how life had changed. While I was pondering upon it there was an Indian meal in the oven and an Italian meal on the pot. There were apples cooking being prepared for a traditional English dish of an Apple Crumble. How life as changed in England in the last 50 years. Plato advocated that people did best when they did what they liked best. When the Apostles asked the Christ whether they should fast, he advised his friends not to do what they did not like doing. However, as we know, there must be balance otherwise an hedonistic society is co-created and that is helping to destroy the people of this planet.

My prayer for this time is that people find their caring hearts, their hearts of conscience, their giving hearts. The heart is for giving. That people come to know God and not just believe. Abba does not ask for blind faith be asks that people open their eyes and ears so they can see him and hear him.

ELIJAI - THEY DON'T KNOW


Ahava Rosh Hashanah

No comments:

Post a Comment