Monday 30 August 2010

Girl Guides Centenary

This post is about the Centenary, this year is a celebration of 100 years of the Girl Guides. I was blessed to be a Girl Guide for a few years. Although my involvement was little, due to our parents taking us out of London city into the countryside of Kent every weekend. It was while we were in Kent that my love of nature and horses blossomed.





This month India also celebrated Mother Teresa's centenary 100th Anniversary






Nuns at a service to mark Mother Teresa's 100th anniversary in CalcuttaMother Teresa was known as the 'Saint of the Gutters' for her work among the poor of Calcutta

Hundreds of Catholic nuns and slum dwellers in the Indian city of Calcutta have marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Mother Teresa.
A special Mass was held at the headquarters of the Missionaries of Charity - the order of nuns which Mother Teresa founded 60 years ago.
Mother Teresa, an ethnic Albanian, was born in Skopje, now part of Macedonia, on 26 August 1910.
Her work in the Calcutta slums earned her a Nobel peace prize in 1979.
Interesting that she was born on the 26, 26 is the gematria value of the name of God. 
One morning I woke and when I opened my eyes Mother Teresa was standing there on my left. She said 'What can I do to help you child?".  I was so surprised I couldn't answer her and so she then disappeared. So later that day, after I had got up washed and had a cup of coffee, I then thanked her for coming to visit me and for offering her help with the mission of compassion for the children. 

I did not know that she had said 'The Church should be dead now'. It is certainly time to prune its branches. As Abba said 'Bring the Christians to me'. 
Mother Teresa 
As we know this year is also the UN International Year of the Nurse as well. 
God bless the Girl Guides, Mother Teresa and her nurses. 
Ahava 


1. http://www.girlguiding100years.org.uk/
2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11094232
3. Picture courtesy of wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WikiProject_Scouting_fleur-de-lis_dark.svg



No comments:

Post a Comment