Friday 11 June 2010

Mossad Motto

Today, I was questioned on the motto of Mossad and although I have no interest in secret services on the ground; because all are accountable for their actions to their maker, unless God instructs me otherwise.


I will pick up on this one because the mottos have been taken directly from the bible. Apparently, the old motto was from Proverb 24 and I recommend that everyone reads it in full.


The motto of Mossad was changed and I haven't been informed when. However, the current motto of Mossad as I understand it is another proverb from the bible.


"Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." Proverb 11:14 


The NIV translation is as follows: 'For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisors make victory sure. In the Aramaic text it says "A people who have no leader shall fall; but in the multitude of counsels there is deliverance." 


I recommend that people read the Proverb 11 as well to get the full picture. 


However, I am not defending anything that secret services do or are involved in. I am just giving some clarity on the issue of the motto itself. 




1. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+24&version=NIV
2. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=proverb%2011%20&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment